Overwhelmed with how to teach and assess sight words in today's hybrid or virtual classrooms?
Today I'm sharing how I am assessing sight words in my second grade distance learning classroom. Yes, it's tricky but I have some solutions for you.
In this episode, we talk about...
- Starting with a pre-assessment
- Grouping students
- Flash Card Buddies
- Why I don't do whole group
- Involving parents
- Testing ideas
Rate, Review, and Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
"I love helping my fellow teachers find out about great content and podcasts." If this takes the words right out of your mouth, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps even more teachers just like you take the first steps towards a better work-life balance.
Click here, scroll to the bottom and tap to rate five stars and select "Write a Review." Be sure to share what you loved most about this episode!
Also take a minute to subscribe to the podcast so you won't miss out on any future episodes. Subscribe here now!
resources mentioned in this episode
- Sight Word Spelling Program for purchase in my TpT store
- Running Record series on the blog
- Google Meet Breakout Rooms extension
- Fill out this form to contribute to a podcast episode