It’s crunch time! The time of year with report cards, parent conferences and holidays all mixed together. Are you racking your head for something to have your students create for their parent gift this year that won’t take a ton of time but will look super cute? I have rounded up some oldie but goodies and hopefully a few you haven’t seen yet to help you find some great ideas.
- Snowman Hands Ornaments – These ornaments are super adorable and not holiday specific (great for those who do not celebrate or are not Christian). Source: Paging Fun Mums
- Fingerprint Christmas Lights Photo Frame & Photo – These great picture frames can be picked up at your local dollar store or even Ikea at a great bargain for a class set. Place an example and make it an art center for a week for kids to create their own. The best part is the personalized photo of the students wrapped in tree lights! Source: Fun-a-Day
- Christmas Tree Table Centerpiece – Stray from tradition and have the students make something their parents can use several years in a row with these easy foam table toppers. Source: Parenting
- Puzzle Piece Ornaments – These ornaments would be easy to make from old puzzle sets with missing pieces, dollar store puzzles, or some puzzles picked up from your local thrift store. Students could even create their own designs. Source: That’s What Che Said
- Bookmarks Made with Sharpies – If you’re a reading teacher, these would be a fun (and practical) gift for students to make their parents and it won’t take a lot of money or supplies. Source: Happy Hooligans
- Christmas Ornaments from Pasta – These pasta ornaments are super cheap and affordable plus there are a ton of different patterns from simple to complex for students to choose from. Source: DIY Enthusiast
- Beaded Snowflake Ornaments – Admit it. You have a stash of pipe cleaners that are ready to go for this simple craft. Source: Housing a Forest
- Photo Coasters – These great coasters can be made using economical white tiles from the hardware store. Source: The Frugal Girls
- Stained Glass Pictures – These great pictures are made using the glass of a dollar store frame and aluminum foil. What could be easier? Source: Pocketful of Preschool
10. Shredded Paper Ornaments – For a super simple craft, try these great shredded paper ornaments found at Walmart. Source: Simply Kinder
I hope you were able to find a great idea or two and save yourself countless hours of Pinterest browsing.
Do you always do a parent gift during the holidays? What gift did you choose? Let me know in the comments. I love hearing from you!